Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Two Gingers Stitched

There has been a bit of slow stitching going on, working on a couple of small Christmas Stockings.  These came to me in a package sent by Jo (ButterZ) from Australia a few months ago.   The package included about a dozen small felt stockings, cut out with the decorations fused, waiting to be stitched together.  Jo told me she had them for 10 years or so, and was more than happy to finally pass them on.

Christmas stockings from

 There was no promise made that these would be finished in time for Christmas 2026, but I would work on them now and again.  After all, these things take time, and I have to be in the right frame of mind.  But two little gingerbread men took my fancy, they shouldn't take too long, I thought.  The blue one first, giving him eyes and mouth and adding a button to his tummy, and I completed him a wee while ago.  Not sure if I'm doing the blanket stitch correctly, perhaps not as neat as it could be, but overall I'm happy with my effort.  So cute, I love his happy smiling face.


Ginger on blue

Then I worked on the pink stocking over the last day or two, this one had two tummy buttons.  I do have a bit of trouble finishing off then joining in a new strand of Perle cotton, but hopefully I'll get neater at that.    Another happy smile looking at me.


Ginger on pink

I think they must be brother and sister gingerbread people.  Don't they look happy together. 
  

Hello Gingers

I keep all the pieces together in a pretty blue and yellow draw string bag, and have decided I will probably stitch two at a time.  What two?  Perhaps the top two, then there will be no arguments on who or what comes first.  I know there is another gingerbread man hiding in the bag somewhere.

And there is a little secret stitching happening too.  My quilt club is having a Christmas Stocking Challenge, which must be completed and brought along to the November meeting, where they will be displayed and judged without knowing who stitched each one.  This stocking will not be donated but will come home with the owner.  I'm really excited as I've never had a Christmas Stocking before, so I'll be keeping this one for me.  I'm working on mine, but it has to remain a secret till mid November.  

No comments: