Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Mid Month Chookshed Challenge

 There's a happy group of stitchers working on their Chookshed Challenge number each month.   We had to pick ten challenges, UFOs, or things we wanted to start,  and number them 1 - 10.   This is my number 10.   I purchased this fabric to make a simple cot quilt for a little boy.  Somewhere along the line I also embroidered a little engine, which would make a nice little cushion to  go with the quilt.

My challenge for June

This is rather like a panel quilt, as I'm using this train design, Thomas and friends, in one piece.  Two borders were added, a navy blue inner border, then a red border.  I then spent some time on my knees pinning the layers together.  So that's a good start.


Next is the quilting, I'll be working on that soon.  And I do hope I get the cushion made too, we will have to wait and see how the time goes on that.

11 comments:

ButterZ said...

Nice quilt. Have you used flannelette on the back

Jackie said...

That is so cute. You are really moving along with this challenge.

God bless.

Tired Teacher said...

It’s adorable!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a cute train quilt. My daughter loved playing with her brio train set and Thomas and friends. We still have it in our basement.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Darling little quilt, Jenny. I hope you enjoy quilting this sweet quilt. Looking forward to seeing the cushion.

loulee said...

What a sweet quilt for a little boy.
I watched a lady at club using pool noodles when layering. She rolled each layer on to a noodle then pinned and pinned, rolling the layered result on to another noodle. She did it all on a table top, she said it takes a long time to get up off the floor.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, that is so cute for a little guy. I like the train embroidery for a pillow to go with it, too, so sweet.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute panel

Raewyn said...

This is going to make such a gorgeous quilt, Jenny - it will be adored by whoever ends up with it!

Maria said...

That’s a gorgeous quilt for a little one and I love the embroidered train.
Do hope you get to turn it into a cushion to match.

Laura said...

Super cute! Love the embroidered piece to go with it! :)