Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Blue Blocks

I've been busy stitching away at my blue blocks this week.  Nice easy blocks so it hasn't been too onerous.  What takes the time is choosing what fabric to frame some of the blocks with.  I found three charm squares in blue tones to make Happy blocks, birds and owls, Micky and Minnie Mouse and pretty coloured hearts on a navy blue background.  The four patch blocks, stitched up last year and ready and waiting to be assembled, contain black scotty dogs and a little more of the birds and owls fabric.

Happy blocks and framed four patches in blue

Next were my Hollow Nine blocks in blue.  I'm only using pre cut squares tucked away in a little bag for this project.  It yielded enough squares for five blocks, two in dark blue and three in pale blue.  There are some repeats but I don't really mind about that, I just want this bag of squares used up!

Five Hollow Nine blocks, using up my pre cut squares

I still have to frame my pirate blocks, but Houston, I have a problem.  These have been carefully put away and I can't find them!  Guess I'll have to check some UFO bags in case they have been put in the wrong bag by mistake.  That's what happens when you have various UFOs on the go.

12 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Nice blocks - I like the little squares too :-))
Good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll succeed.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.
We have rain today. I was in the strawberry field yesterday and am now making jam.
A kind greeting to you.

Julierose said...

Just the cutest fabrics in these blocks!! I know what you mean about UFO's seeming to "vanish"!! I don't really have a box for every project and tend to put a few in each and then forget to label what is in the box!! Good luck finding your "runaway" blocks;)))
Hugs, Julierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have a few UFO’s missing in action too…. I will have to do some digging. You are making good use of your bag of squares with all those blocks each month.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely blues and blocks, Jenny. I know exactly what you mean. It seems most of my projects these days involve a "hunt" at some point, :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those types of patchwork go fast don't they - I hope you can find all of them.

ButterZ said...

Hope you find your blocks. Blues are so pretty

loulee said...

Love your blue blocks. Hope you find the others soon.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have some cute prints in your blues! I love the birds and owls with the funny looks on their faces!

Kim said...

Blue in all its hues is beautiful. Your blocks are lovely, Jenny. Oh dear, I hope you find those missing pirate blocks.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Those are some pretty Happy Blocks and the Hollow Nine Patches look fabulous. Enjoy piecing these fun blocks. Hugs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

There is definitely something to be said for easy blocks, Jenny. Congrats on getting these BLUE ones sewn for the RSC!

Karen S said...

More lovely blocks.
I always find I have plenty of blue.