Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sew Wot Tuesday

Sew Wot Tuesday rolled around again, and this time Heather was the hostess with the mostest.  On arrival, I had to relate my tale of being navigationally challenged, and needed the Sat Nav to get me there safely.  I “sort of” know where I’m going, but ……… it’s better to be safe than sorry. 

There were five of us there today, and it was nice to catch up with Carol again, she hadn't been able to attend recently.   So I got to finally give her a rather belated birthday gift, which I’ve had for a while.  Carol had some rather exciting news, with family recently arriving from overseas for a holiday – it was wonderful to see them after our country had been in lockdown to overseas visitors for so long.

P1040014

The birthday girl

Carol had a whole lot of knitted toys to show she hadn't been idle all this time.  Dolls with beautifully knitted outfits, and cute little animals too.

P1040016P1040017

Carol’s knitted toys

Carol had also been busy stitching up some of Zola’s donated fabric and had two lap quilts and a pretty little baby quilt to show us, all to be donated.

P1040018

Made by Carol

I had taken along my last pair of socks, previously shown, plus a gift for a family member, so I’ll show that later when it has been presented.

Most of us were busy knitting as we chatted away, except for Helen.  She was glueing down tiny pieces of paper onto fabric for her EPP project.

P1040020

Helen, Heather and Sandra, putting the world to rights

We enjoyed a lovely morning tea, as usual, including some Easter Eggs, which we were encouraged to take home.  “Take two”, Heather told me, “Robin would like one as well, I’m sure”.  He certainly would.

P1040019

It was so nice to catch up with the Sew Wot ladies again, there is always plenty to chat about.  Heather had some unwanted fabric on the table looking for a good home, so I took several plain pieces, which would work well with my draw string donation bags, I thought.  Thanks so much Heather, it was a lovely morning.

11 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It certainly sounds like it was a delightful gathering by the Sew Wots. Lots of pretty projects completed by the ladies as well. Have a wonderful week. Happy Easter.

Julierose said...

You are part of such a lovely group ! Nice that you are able to meet up again isn't it?
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks fun and you always have a nice table of tea and snacks to choose from

Kathy S. said...

What a fun group. Glad things are getting back to the old gathering ways. People need people.

Maria said...

Lovely Sew Wot GTG with your friends…
Beautiful show and tell and delicious table of goodies including Easter eggs…

Raewyn said...

Good morning Jenny, I have just had a lovely catch up read of your blog. I love the Boat quilt you made and it's interesting to see all your RSC blocks, and your socks and what your Sew Wot group has been making. Have a lovely time with your Easter travels.

Jackie said...

What a lovely way to spend a day. You all have so many beautiful items to share.

God bless.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sounds like you have a lovely morning with the Sew Wots. Love the knit dolls and toys

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Some lovely knitted animals and quilts!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love these Sew Wots posts, Jenny. Always lovely to see what everyone has made. And also love to see the yummy lunch!

Karen S said...

Always a great catch up.