Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, April 11, 2022

Another pair of Franken-socks

It’s been fun knitting up another pair of socks out of the left over yarn from a previous pair.  I purchased the darker blue wool to eke out the pretty variegated left over yarn.  I knitted stripes in the top, blue heels and took a gamble on having enough of the variegated to complete the feet.  Yes, just made it, then knitted blue toes.  I spent today finishing sewing up the side seams, and here we go, another cozy pair of socks.  I’ll certainly be needing them soon, the evenings are starting to get a little chilly these days. Gemma decided to do a little photo bombing, there’s no show without  her, is there!

P1040012

Guess they will do for winter, Mum

P1040013

My new socks

Now these Franken-socks are out of the way, I’ll be concentrating my sock knitting energies with making a pair each for my grand-daughters.  They have chosen their own coloured yarn, so I know they will be very pleased with them.

I've also spent a little time at the sewing machine.  There’s parts of various projects here, as you see.  I like to get everything pinned, sit and sew, then press.  Then pin again, starting all over again.  So what's in here?  A couple of recently discovered blocks which I’ll be turning into draw string bags, several easy toddlers aprons, and I’m also stitching sashing onto tractor bocks for a little boy’s quilt. 

P1040009

Several things on the go

7 comments:

Maria said...

Those socks look super warm and cosy. Even Gemma thinks so!
Lots of projects on the go….

Julierose said...

Lovely purple socks--I like Frankensocks myself. they allow you to use up a lot of leftovers so well...
Have fun sewing up those pre-pinned pieces;)) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute socks!

linda said...

Your socks are lovely it's good that you had just enough yarn to finish them. It looks as if you have lots of projects there to keep you busy. Have a great week.

loulee said...

With winter fast approaching, socks are always good.

Jackie said...

I am glad that you had enough yarn to finish the socks. They look splendid.

Lots of projects to work on and I am sure you will get them all done in no time at all.

God bless.

Karen S said...

We are having cold nights now, so warm socks are essential!
Great to see al your projects out ready to go.