Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Oh no, not again

It was time to finally head up to Hamilton trip for work to be done on the caravan.  We had bookings made and were all set to go quite some weeks ago, when suddenly  Hamilton went into Level 3 Lockdown because of Covid cases.  That meant we could not travel into the Waikato, nor could businesses deal with the public.  So we waited, and waited, and finally the lockdown was lifted, our new appointments were confirmed, and we were almost on our way.  But……..as I was buckling Gemma’s lead through the seat belt I looked down and noticed that my wedding ring was not on my finger.  Oh no, not again, surely, this has happened to me before.

I rushed back inside the house to the sewing room.  Like a lot of cats, Gemma knows when something different is happening, and as we went backwards and forwards packing the caravan, she had hidden herself behind my sewing machine.  Perhaps the ring had slipped off my finger when I had to bend down and pick her up?  No, I couldn't see it there.  And I had been busy all morning, doing some laundry, made the bed, took the rubbish out, checked out a sewing project, the ring could be anywhere.  Although I knew when I had noticed it missing, I had no idea when I had last seen it on my finger.

So it was with a heavy heart that we started off on our trip.  It looked like I would have to pull the house apart when we returned home.  In the meantime, I decided, I would “think about it later” and just enjoy our time away.  Gemma agreed with this sentiment, she is quite at home being a caravan cat, and likes to relax, as cats do.

P1030059

Relaxing on the caravan bed

Arriving in Hamilton, we spent the night staying at the Leisureline factory in Hamilton.  It is so handy being able to stay here overnight, and on power too, meaning we don't have to drive through the busy city traffic to arrive early for the service, and any other work which needs to be done.

P1030061

Here for the night

As we are on power I decided to get my power hungry lap top out and write a blog.  Goodness me – what's this tucked away in the bottom of the lap top bag?

P1030062

There’s my wedding ring in the bottom of the bag, I couldn't believe it!  Thank goodness for that, I wasn’t looking forward to searching the house, and my sewing room in particular,  for such a small item.  It is now safely tucked away, and I have been firmly instructed by Robin to take the ring into a jeweler on our return home to get it resized.  Seems a good idea to me, I really don't want to go through all this trauma again.

9 comments:

Janice said...

Phew! What a relief.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How great that you found it! Have a nice trip and stay safe.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

So happy your ring was recovered! You were fortunate to find it both times it slipped off your finger.

Karen's Korner said...

I would be devasted if I lost my wedding ring. Definitely off to the jewelller for you and the ring.

Maria said...

How good was that and now you can enjoy your time away….

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh I understand what you felt...there is such a sinking, awful, nagging feeling to lose something precious like that...what joy to have found it and without all the upheaval looking. Yes, you do need to get that taken care of.

Jackie said...

So glad that you found your ring. I know how devastating losing ones wedding ring is.

Give Gemma a pet from me she looks so comfortable on the bed.

God bless.

Karen S said...

I am so pleased it turned up - again!

Kathy S. said...

So glad you found your wedding ring! Love that you have a portable place for Gemma. It's a great way to keep her safe. The stuff on your BBQ is one of my husband's favorite meals. YUM!