Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Hand Work

Like most quilters, I also enjoy doing some hand work.  And I’m pleased to say that I’ve finally finished knitting my secret socks in good time for Christmas.  That’s three pair of 4ply socks, so I’m feeling rather pleased with myself.  No photos yet, till after Christmas.  And my not so secret pair of thicker  12ply socks is coming along well, I’ve done the heels so it easy knitting till I get to the toes.  With Summer on the way, I won’t be needing this pair till next winter. I knit my socks on two needles with a seam up the side, not the traditional way but it works for me.

P1020864

Warm 12ply socks coming along well

And my slow stitching this week has been to finally finish the stitching on my “All Through the Night” Christmas stitcheries.  This has taken quite some time, as I’ve only been working on them periodically.  Some of the little stitcheries have felt pieces added for extra interest.

P1020886

P1020885

Christmas stitcheries

This project can be finished as small ornaments, or as a wall-hanging.  I’d already decided that mine will eventually be a wall-hanging.  Not for this coming Christmas, too much of a rush for me.  How about for Christmas 2022 instead, that sounds much more doable!. 

13 comments:

Ivani said...

Those socks looks like beeing warm and cozy. Beautiful “All Through the Night” Christmas stitcheries you made. What a beautiful wall hanging you will make with them for Christmas 2022 season.
Happy new stitching week, Jenny!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your socks do look very cozy, and a pretty colour too! Your Christmas stitcheries will make a very festive wallhanging. I'm working on Christmas gifts at the moment--hoping I have allowed myself enough time to get them done.

Julierose said...

Congrats on finishing up your "secret socks" project!! It's so nice to finish well before any deadline, isn't it?

I used to make two-needle socks, too; my Grand-mere taught me that and i have her very old pattern book with those directions...later on I used 4 needles, but either way a good warm pair of socks is always welcome;)))

Your Christmas ornaments wall hanging will be just adorable...so cute
Hugs Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that color for socks - very pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good for you, finishing all those socks! I love your little Christmas ornament stitcheries, too. They look fun to work on!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Handwork is relaxing and a nice break from sewing/quilting. The Christmas project looks great, and will make a Great Wall hanging. Bravo on finishing the Christmas gift socks well before the big day.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your Christmas stitcheries! Great work, and hope you have a great week!

Kim said...

Your Christmas stitcheries is gorgeous, Jenny. It always amazes me how quickly Christmas creeps up on us. =) This will look lovely as a wall hanging. Fabulous, knitting all those socks in 4ply; that is quite the effort. I would imagine your 12ply socks knitted up a lot quicker

Jackie said...

Oh those socks look like they would keep your feet nice and warm.

Love the idea of turning the stitching into a wall hanging for next Christmas.

God bless.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your socks are looking awesome, Jenny and I am in love with the All Through the Night stitcheries. They are just so stinking cute. Have a great week and happy quilting and knitting

Janice said...

There will be lots of toasty toes next winter. Your chunky socks look nice and snuggly. Good luck with getting your Christmas project completed in plenty of time for next year. I have the same pattern/kit here. Maybe I should try to make that my Christmas project for 2022.

Maria said...

Well done on finishing the Christmas sock 🧦 knitting 🧶 and your pair is growing fast too!
The Christmas stitchery looks lovely and 2022 finish sounds great.

Karen S said...

Love the look of those super warm socks. Can you tell the name/number of the pattern you are using, please.