Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, March 13, 2021

More Green Stitching

The colour green comes in all different shades, and my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Cobblestone blocks were of the paler variety this week.  I’m using batiks for this project, a big pile which have been gathered up and waiting for ages in this large bag.  Not many greens were hiding in there at all, mainly purples, teals, creams and pinks.

P1010518

My big bag of batiks

But after a good rummage around, I came across a little green fabric, and made three blocks.

P1020063

Three cobblestone blocks

I’ve also been busy this week making several draw string bags for the charity Foster Hope, children placed in foster care use these bags for toiletries or pencils.  Two of the completed bags were very green indeed, they turned out nice and bright I thought.   The last lot of bags I’ve stitched up were all made with gifted fabric.   

P1020062

Two drawstring bags

I did wonder if I would have trouble purchasing some cord to tone in, the fabric used was a very bright lime green instead.  I buy my cords from a local manufacturer Cordall and the manager is well used to me popping in for various colours of cord for my bags.  After choosing some blue, rosy red and navy, I commented that she probably couldn't help me with lime green cord.  No trouble at all, she located a big spool, and cut off my requirements.  How is that for service with a smile!

P1000206

Just some of the stock at Cordall’s

17 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I love your Cobblestone blocks, Jenny. I believe I am going to have to make some. So glad you were able to find the cording you needed. Have a great weekend.

Julierose said...

Neat batiks in your greens...lovely drawstring bags--
Very windy and chilly here today--despite Daylight Savings time having arrived--Winter is not over yet!! ;000
Hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

So glad that you were able to find lime green chord. The bags look great!

Ivani said...

Great that you found some green for the coblestone blocks, Jenny. The green bright bags are cute and I am sure the recipients will love them. Happy and safe weekend.

ButterZ said...

How lucky are you to get a matching cord. They have a great range of colours.

maggie fellow said...

fun cord story - looks like you found a bit of green

grammajudyb said...

The cording is a perfect match to the lime green! That’s an awesome supply shelf! I can get black, white, sometime red! By the way,mi love those turtles on blue fabric! I, too, like your cobblestone blocks. Very pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those Cobblestones blocks - glad you found some greens for them! Those drawstring bags are bright and fun, too. Looks like a great shop to visit - amazing to sed all the different colors of cording there!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that block, it usually goes together really fast doesn't it

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The lime green bags are certainly cheerful. Cording is difficult to find, especially in bright colors until I discovered long shoe strings.

FlourishingPalms said...

Isn't it interesting that batiks aren't usually found in greens? Or if green appears in a batik, it's not a predominate color. Hmm. The lime green in those drawstring bags is MY kind of green! :-) Love it! How great that you have a shop that sells colors of cording. There's absolutely no shop like that in our region, let alone our area of Florida. Online is the only place I know to buy cording, so I'm glad I don't often need it.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cute Cobblestones! And how nice of you to think of the kids in foster care. I love the bags, and the perfect colored drawstring!

Jackie said...

Those quilt blocks are gorgeous and those bags will brighten a child's heart.

God bless.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to see that you enjoyed a bit of GREEN sewing for the RSC this week, Jenny!

Karen S said...

Great work with the blocks and bags.
Looks like you have the perfect supplier when it comes to your cord!

Cathy said...

Those rummaged fabrics for your Cobblestones will blend perfectly with all those lovely batiks.

Cute bags. I can't believe there is a store that sells so many glorious colors of cords. Fun!

Janice said...

A nice variety of green projects. The green cord is perfect for the bags.