Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Going Green

This month the colour for those of us working on Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects is green.  After being away on holiday for three weeks, I was more than happy to sit down at my sewing machine and stitch up some RSC blocks.  First up was some easy-peasy flag blocks, to add to my collection.  I started these midway through 2020 so I’m just stitching the colours not already done. 

P1020036

Green flag blocks

Three pretty little green birds were sewn next, and I enjoyed stitching their little black stick like legs on outside while enjoying the balmy weather.  Believe it or not, our Summer has now turned into Autumn, how did that happen?  Never mind, the Autumn days here are generally warm and mild, with cooler temperatures in the early mornings.  So no need to get out the winter woolies for a while yet.

P1020038

Three green birds

P1020039

A colourful flock of little birds

Lastly there were boat blocks to stitch.  Plus some extra blocks this month, as I had a piece of batik fabric featuring green palm trees.  I thought they looked like little tropical islands popping out of the sea,  ready to welcome the sailors ashore to rest under the shady palm trees!  I’m debating with myself whether to add some sand under the trees, above the sea line?  Perhaps I will.

P1020037

Boats and palm trees

So that’s my green stitching this week – wonder what I’ll do next?

18 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The bird blocks are cheerful: I smile every time I see them. It will be fun to watch your flock grow as more colors are added.

Karen S said...

Your blocks look great. You come up with great ideas.

Maria said...

Great green blocks....

Julierose said...

Lovely green blocks--that palm tree fabric is perfect; nice work on your birds, too...
hugs, Julierose

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, I do love pretty greens! Those green birds along with other birds of other colors, is really eye-catching. If I were you, I don't think I'd add "sand" to your palm blocks. You can create sand with walking foot quilting. I think that would give just the effect you want, and even more so if you used sand-colored thread. I'm glad for you to be at your sewing machine again. I know how it can be missed, though quite honestly, I'm looking forward to the day I can leave the house long enough to begin to miss my machine!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your birds!

Bonnie said...

Oh those cute birds. By the end of the year they are going to make a great flock. Hum, sand sounds right. Maybe cut an island out and see if it looks right. Have fun with them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great start to GREEN month, Jenny!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love those birds - they are a happy bunch! Such a fun idea to add the palm trees to your boats, too!

scraphappy said...

Welcome home again! Great start on greens. Sand under palm trees sounds like a great plan.

Maggie said...

Your birds are adorable and you had a holiday! Glad you get to sew to your hearts content.

Cathy said...

Oh, goodness! Your blocks just make me smile. They are such a happy bunch!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Such happy little birds! They are a very cheerful flock. Glad you had a nice holiday.

Wendy F said...

Those bird blocks are adorable! They will make a wonderful quilt.

Susie H said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip. Love your little birds. Their legs are adorable!

Mayleen said...

I love the birds, so much personality!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What fun quilting projects. I can not choose which is my favorite because they are both so stinking cute. I look forward to seeing your progress

Janice said...

You’ve been having fun.