Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Meeting the Sweet Peas

On our recent trip to Taupo to collect my quilt from Linda of Razzle Dazzle Quilter, she kindly invited me to meet up with her quilting group, the Sweet Peas.  What a lovely bunch of ladies – they made me feel very welcome indeed, and had brought of lot of Show and Tell to share.

Andreena had brought along a lovely basket quilt made in Japanese fabrics, very nice indeed.  Plus two lovely Christmas items, a table runner and Santa's Sleigh and reindeer.  I love Christmas quilts too.

P1060591P1060594
Made by Andreena

Stitching a Dear Jane quilt is a real labour of love, and Fiona kept on stitching until she had completed this mammoth task.  This was a Block of the Month, and several blocks were sent out each month from Stich’n’Heaven, in Texas.  Fiona told us that she kept up each month, quite an achievement as some of these little blocks have a huge number of tiny pieces.  This is another quilt expertly quilted by Linda.

P1060592
Fiona’s Dear Jane quilt

Terri had also been very busy and showed a lovely needle turn NZ Native Bird quilt she had made for her son.  And a very pretty little floral quilt she has decided to keep for when her first grand-daughter arrives.

P1060595

P1060593
A couple of beauties  from Terri

I love NZ designs and really admired Hazel’s bird quilt.  “Tuis in my Garden” was designed by Diane Fussel.  With lots of thread painting on the tuis and 3D kowhai flowers, it was lovely indeed.

P1060596
Tuis in my Garden, by Hazel

Like most groups, the Sweet Peas have challenges now and again.  Rochelle brought along her Sweet Peas BOM “Blooming Flowers”.  Such bright and happy colours.

P1060602
Rochelle’s Sweet Pea Challenge

Linda has pieced “Social Butterfly” using Tula Pink’s fabrics from the USA.  I was told to look carefully at the fabrics to see if I could find the animals on the prints.  Sure enough, I found tigers galore hidden in the butterflies.

P1060607
Linda’s Social Butterflies

And lastly, I really admired Peggy’s pretty quilt which was hanging on the wall for Spring.  This was made while she lived in Australia, and many of the blocks were made by quilting friends for her.

P1060610
Peggy’s Spring quilt

Many thanks to Linda and Peggy for inviting me to their home to meet up with their Sweet Pea group.  It was so nice to meet all the ladies and get to see their lovely quilts – I really appreciated the kind invitation.

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The sweet peas certainly are a talented group of ladies!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks for the beautiful show and tell from the Sweet Peas....so lovely x

Janice said...

It is lovely to see what other groups are up to and they sound like a nice friendly bunch.

Jenny said...

Lovely ladies indeed, and I really enjoyed seeing all their beautiful work.

Maria said...

How lovely to be invited to join the group. Such amazing eye candy.