Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Sewing

It’s been a late start to my sewing this week, we have been kept busy with a couple of medical appointments plus a lovely day out with friends too.  It’s UFO number 5’s turn  this week, which, of course, is my grand-daughters black and grey horse quilt.  Saturday afternoon was spent pinning several more rows together, and assembling some sashing strips.

P1000655
All pinned up and ready to sew

And Sunday was spent stitching three rows together, and adding them to the three I had already assembled.  That’s the middle section done now – showcasing the embroidered horse heads amongst the nine patch blocks.  I’ll be adding extra rows of nine patch blocks to the top and bottom of this section.

P1000656
Six rows stitched together

These beautiful embroideries of realistic horse breeds were purchased from King’s Treasures, a great on-line shop in the USA.  My requested embroidered blocks were speedily dispatched, and I think they are wonderful, and great value too.

I’m being careful not to overdo things too much, as my wound is still a little tender, and although healing well, there is the internal wound to consider too.    So I’ve called it a halt on the sewing today, and asked Robin to take over a couple of jobs today when I felt tired.  All help is gratefully received.

UFO number 5 is now packed away so I wonder what number I will get tomorrow when I roll the dice.  There are a couple of UFOs I really want to get on with, but as I’ve said before, I can’t cheat!

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my - that is a great quilt! I bet she will love it!