Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

New Zealand Native Birds

The roll of the blue dice this week brought up number 3.  I’m rather pleased as I haven’t worked on this UFO for a while.

P1050570
The dice rolled three this week

So where am I up to?  I’d done quite well on this project, it seems, and this is how I left it.  All pinned up and ready to quilt.  Those cute little birds have been waiting patiently for some more attention.

 P1040994

Okay birds, it’s your time again.  It was a simple matter to quilt around the straight lines with my walking foot.  FMQ is a different thing altogether, and I always forget exactly how to go about it.  I found my free motion foot, plugged it in, and had a little play to get to grips with this technique again. Unfortunately, I’m not the worlds best at this, and I find it difficult to keep my swirls smooth.  I know – the experts all say “practice, practice, practice”.  But I try my best and set to work.

P1050572
Ready to start quilting

This is only a little wall hanging so my aim this week is to finish the quilting, and get the binding sewn on and stitched down.  And then I can finally cross this UFO off my list and put another in it’s place!

4 comments:

loulee said...

Oh my goodness, it is smaller than I imagined. Such a sweet wee project, you will have it done in no time.

Maria said...

Such a lovely BIRD wall hanging..
I hear you Jenny when it comes to quilting.
It's not my favorite thing either ..
Just relax and enjoy.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your Soul Searching blocks are really coming along. And I love these bird panels. I had to smile when you spoke of spring because that means we are moving quickly towards our fall...no, not yet, please. With such a late, cool spring and all the rain, we just haven't had enough summer yet!

Janice said...

Good luck with your goal. It will be nice to finally hang it on your wall.