Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 20, 2026

Funky Dinosaurs

 Those funky dinosaurs are having such fun, sun glasses on, headphones clamped on their ears, listening and no doubt dancing to the music.  I wonder what sort of music dinosaurs like to listen to?  Gemma decided they weren't as scary as she had thought, and cuddled up to them on the sewing machine cabinet for a while.

I had better keep an eye on these dinosaurs, just in case, she's thinking

So that is another RSC finish, I'm pleased to say.  This one is destined for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, a very worthy cause.  I like to make sure there are boys quilts included too.  Just a simple block, and I like the way the colourful zig zags march down the quilt.  I got this idea from Lou Heron's blog, thanks  for the inspiration, Lou.



Dinosaurs rule!


And just one more

You may remember that I had got some kids fabrics given to me this week.  Another friend knew I make draw string donation bags, so gave me a bag of fabric too.  I'm always so pleased to get some for boys, there are two small pieces of motorbike fabric I can use for bags, together with some rather strange animals.  Cats and horses too, these pieces  are bigger so I may be able to get blocks for a small quilt, and lastly several mid sized pieces of red.  Didn't I do well!  But I do wonder if I will ever get to the end of my draw string bag making.


Thanks Monica

Today is a cold still day, I'm tucked up nice and cozy at home doing a bit of this and that  Some stitching, a little knitting, and I had some delicious home made chicken and veggie soup for lunch.  I love winter cooking - do you as well?

17 comments:

Julierose said...

I really like the colorful zig-zag sashing on your Dino quilt, Jenny--nice work!!
We just had my homemade chicken noodle soup the other day--we do love our soups...Light yet full of protein...Sounds like you are doing well hugs, Julierose

Helenchaffin said...

Winter & rainy days make for good comfort food cooking especially baking cookies!😄 the dinosaur quilt is cute!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Soup is the perfect cold weather food! The dinosaur quilt looks wonderful and obviously, Gemma approves.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun dinosaur quilt! Kudos to you for making sure that the boys have something they will like.

Sara said...

Very cute dinosaur quilt. The bright sashing was all that was needed for that fabric.

Kathy S. said...

Great use of the brights with the dino fabrics. Gemma, keep an eye on them!

Chantal said...

This is such a fun print and the splash of colours brings it to life so beautifully. Great job! Very generous friends you have. We have soup year round here. It's so easy to put together and freeze well too. Perfect thing to have on hand for a busy family. Enjoy the new fabric. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your dinosaur quilt, Jenny! Such a fun finish. The colorful zigzags really catch the eye. Soup sounds yummy on a cold day - stay warm and cozy!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaw Gemma all cozy in the adorable dinosaur quilt. I really like the zig zag pattern, Jenny. This would be a fun design to use for seasonal large prints too. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

dq said...

I do enjoy winter cooking - especially soups. Well, I probably enjoy eating them even more than cooking them.
Lovely dinosaur finish!

Cathy said...

Your dinosaur quilt turned out beautifully and I’m sure it will be much loved and appreciated. I love making winter soups and stews, but it’s summer here and I am elbow-deep in making apricot jam. Have a wonderful weekend, Jenny!

Jackie said...

What a cute quilt, and I am glad Gemma cuddled up to it.

God bless.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I prefer cooking at home rather than in the summer - then it is just feeling too hot to bother much

Karen S said...

That's a great finish on your dinosaur quilt. A lovely donation.
Yes, I agree about getting fabric to use for boys. It is great to have a some in your stash.

Maria said...

Lovely Dinosaur quilt Jenny.
What a great selection of fabrics you've been gifted.Enjoy using them.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love those funky dinosaurs! And what a great sashing idea! Terrific RSC quilt!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fun fabric (dinosaurs) to use for a child's quilt. Love the idea for the charity, too.