It's always exciting to have a finish. Even a small one. I've been making easy small blocks this year in RSC colours each month, for a small baby quilt. It all started when I decided to use up some donated strips of white fabric printed with tiny blue flowers. There was just enough to cut 25 five inch squares from the strips, so that was what I worked with. Each month I added two strips of the nominated colour, starting with blue.
I stitched a few easy blocks each month
Last month I got the top completed, pinned out and started on the machine quilting. I had a piece of white cozy fleece so used that on the back.
I met a friend for morning tea during the week, and we went to the Courthouse Cafe, in the old court house from years ago. This is a very popular cafe, with plenty of customers passing through. I had noticed an ambulance outside the building while I was finding a car park, and wondered what was wrong, maybe one of the customers had collapsed.
I saw this interesting piece of art/craft hanging on the wall of the cafe and thought it was so unique that I would like to share it with you. A picture frame, filled with colourful pom poms!
16 comments:
Congrats on the finish ! Its too hot to be outside very long so I'm hoping to catch up on a few things,the frame of pom poms is interesting, different in deed!
That looks like a great cafe! Your baby quilt will be very cozy with the fleece backing. Someone used up lots of yarn scraps for that pompom art piece.
What alovely baby quilt finish, Jenny!! You did a really nice job on this...
hugs, Julierose
What a sweet baby quilt. Simple blocks but they make a statement, and they use up the gifted fabric. That is definitely an interesting use of pom poms - bright and colorful.
that is different a pompom display. The emergency crews do that here sometimes like to go out for coffee and breakfast - the police too. They run out when they hear their radios go off.
Love the small quilt, and if it is like the crochet blanket our granddaughter had, it will get used and used so much, hers was mended several times after all the wear and tear and dragging round their home and probably the garden too. The pattern you have used is super.
My little granddaughter would LOVE that Pom Pom art. Maybe I’ll help her make one for her bedroom. Your baby quilt is so pretty and I know it will be much used and loved.
A lovely little donation Quilt. Well done. The pom poms are very eye catching.
A beautiful donation quilt. That art piece is very interesting.
God bless.
Your quilt turned out beautifully, Jenny! I love the diagonal design and the soft backing. The pom pom art is fun!
Jenny, your little quilt came together so adorably. The fleece on the back was the perfect touch. The Courthouse Cafe looks to be a nice spot for a casual meet-up with friends. So glad you were able to do so too!
How wonderful to have a finish! I know what a good feeling that is, and you should revel in it. You made an adorable quilt that I'm sure some child will love. Very cute coffee shop. If it was too nearby, I'm sure I'd be there every day because I adored the coffees I drank when in NZ. It makes such a difference when each cup is prepared one at a time. Delicious! That's a cute pom-pon display. Now you know what to do with all your leftover yarn bits! Make pom-pons. Then buy a thrift shop picture-in-a-frame, glue and arrange them however you wish. Voilá! Art for the wall!
What a lovely post! It made me smile!
Those blocks have been made into a sweet quilt.
Looks like a nice cafe to meet your friend.
Cute pom-poms picture.
The donation quilt turned out lovely. Such a great way to use up your fabric. And what a fun place to have a morning out with a friend!
That is a lovely finish. Lovely soft colours.
The Courthouse Cafe building looks lovely. Perfect for a cuppa.
The pom poms look bright and cheerful.
Post a Comment