Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 8, 2021

A few Red Blocks

I’ve done a little RSC stitching and the colour this month is red.  So three red boats got made to add to my collection, they should really be sailing into the red sunset, don't you think?

P1020332

Three red boats

Then I whipped up  several easy-peasy flag blocks – these are quick and simple to do.  Must have a count up and see how I’m doing with these, there’s quite a good selection of these now.  I’m trying to keep off my feet with my current back problem, and standing at the cutting board is quite an effort for me at the moment.

P1020333

Red flag blocks

I won’t be making any batik cobblestone blocks this month.  Why, you may be wondering?  Because there is no red fabric tucked away in the big bag, rather just a selection of mainly pink, blue, purple, teal and cream batik  fabrics.  Let’s see what colour will be chosen for the following month.

P1010518

No red fabrics hiding in my bag of batiks

17 comments:

Julierose said...

I love those little red boats and flags--will they go together in one piece? Those boats would look lovely on a variegated sky...hope your back feels better--I can totally empathize with that standing and cutting problem...
hugs and Happy Mother's Day Julierose

Kathy S. said...

Hope your back is feeling better soon. Your boats are super cute.

FlourishingPalms said...

Red. Well that would be a difficult color for me to come up with scraps for. Cute little red boats though! And I especially like those little flag blocks. I'm sorry your back is bothering you enough that you can't rotary cut fabric. I hope your surgery is soon, and that you'll then be fixed!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you made progress - the RSC group is good incentive for making blocks each month

Ivani said...

3 Boats are really cute blocks and seems they are simple blocks to make, I love your boats.
Sorry about your backing pain. Take care.
Happy weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your red boats, and the flag blocks, too! Hope your back issues can be solved so that you're feeling better soon. Happy Mother's Day, Jenny!

Cathy said...

The tugboat blocks are so cute. I’m so sorry that you’re still having back issues. You are wise to limit your cutting time. Take care of yourself!

Maria said...

Love the boat blocks , tall the different colours will make a great boys quilt and I also like the red flag 🚩 ones too...
I must get and do my RSC blocks...

LA Paylor said...

such cute blocks Jennyh

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The trio of red boats are adorable. You will soon have a full flee. Wishing you well as each day takes you closer to your back surgery.

Maggie said...

Beautiful boats, flags? Will they go with the boat blocks?. Hope your back will get better soon. Have a good weekend.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love your red boats! looking forward to seeing all your flag blocks together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet RED boats, Jenny!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I love the three red boats, Jenny. Years ago I took a cruise with The Big Red Boat Cruise line . I immediately thought of the cruise ship when I saw your blocks. Well done.

Lin said...

Cute little red boats. xx

Karen S said...

The reds look great. The always add a great pop of colour.

Janice said...

Considering your back, you’ve done well. They are nice cheery boats.