Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Sew Wot Tuesday

Sew Wot Tuesday today, and my turn to be the hostess and we had a lovely relaxed morning.  Carol and Moira were working on their stitcheries and three of us were knitting, myself, Mary and Helen.   Helen brought along a baby set she had just finished for a friend expecting a new baby.

P1310468
Helen’s baby knitting

The only other Show and Tell today was my growing village of little house blocks.  I had found a bundle of 2in green strips, obviously cut for a project which never happened, and wondered about using a strip under each house as grass.  Yes, that was a good idea, I was told, and would separate the blocks, so I will go ahead with this thought.

P1310474
My House blocks and green grass strips

Moira had brought along a gift for my upcoming birthday, and initially I decided not to open it till the actual day.  But then, why not open it early so everyone can share in my pre-birthday excitement.  Such a lovely gift, two pretty blue pussy cat coffee mugs, thanks so much Moira.

P1310473
Thank you Moira

The conversation moved on to our Christmas outing – coming up fast.  We decided where we would like to go for lunch, so I phoned the café and made a booking.  Each year for Christmas Mary puts forward a suggestion for a hand made gift, and we pull a name out to make it for that person.  This year it is to make a pin cushion out of recycled materials.  Helen has already finished hers but several of us had no idea what to do and were yet to start.  After lunch, I decided to stop dithering, checked out a couple of ideas and finally decided on the design.  I had a big bag of recycled fabric to choose from, thanks to Jean (who writes All Points of the Compass blog) she had popped in a while ago after having a clear out in her sewing room.  So now the pattern pieces are cut out ready to stitch together.  It feels good to have finally made a decision and now I can start putting it together.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Can't wait to see your pin cushion idea.

Maria said...

Sweet knitted Baby Set.
Yes the green under the houses will look good..
Two purrrrfect mugs for you...

Kate said...

The mugs are very special. I look forward to seeing the pin cushions for your Christmas exchange.

Tired Teacher said...

Happy early Birthday! Your little houses will look sweet with green strips on the bottom.

Connie said...

It's always so much fun visiting your charming blog and seeing what you and your friends are up too. I love your little houses . . . I have been admiring this type of quilt for years . . . maybe it's about time for me to try making one. You are and inspiration, not just today, but every time I visit.
Happy Birthday!
Connie :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A lovely read of your latest posts, Jenny. So nice to see you relaxed and stitching away in the pretty sunshine and for Gemma to give you company. I love that embroidery and big stitch quilting is something I have in mind for those quarter Dresdens. Meanwhile, we are having a lovely October with a couple of almost frost brushes overnight and days filled with sunshine and blue skies. Enjoying it while I can!