It's always exciting to get unexpected mail, isn't it. First to arrive was a postcard from France, showing a beautiful mademoiselle smelling the roses. This was sent to me by my daughter's best friend who is having a marvelous long holiday traveling around several countries with her husband, they are currently enjoying a River Cruise. It is so nice of Heather to think of me. In fact last year when they were in USA, she sent me a postcard of Elvis from Gracelands! I know I'll never get to Gracelands, so that was really special indeed.
Postcard from France
The other exciting mail was a bag stuffed full of quilting fabrics from blog reader Karen from Christchurch, for donation quilts. There are smaller pieces to make drawstring bags, and yardage to turn into quilts for kids. It was so exciting opening the courier bag, and checking out each piece. Thanks so much Karen, I really appreciate you kindness.
So many goodies here
I haven't told you what I've been reading lately, as you know, I am an avid reader. First was a book by Karen Rose - I've always enjoyed her writing. Cold Blooded Liar debuts a new woman detective, a couple of phycologists and a sneaky serial killer. I'll certainly be looking for the next one in this series. The Final Diagnosis is written by Palmerston North Pathologist by Cynric Temple-Camp and relates some of his interesting cases using the science of pathology. This author has written two more books so I'll be ordering these from the library too.
Interesting reads
Being mid winter, the temperatures have been c hilly, so I've been enjoying making even more soup. My latest has been a crockpot full of ham hock, veggies, split peas and lentils, so yummy and filling for winter lunches, plus some tucked away in the freezer.
7 comments:
Happy Mail always brightens one's day. Lovely card and gorgeous fabrics. The soup looks delicious - a welcome treat for a winter's day.
That was nice mail. You’ll have fun with the fabric. It is definitely soup weather
Unexpected arrivals are always the best, and what goodies in each one. We have also had soup, and also some in the freezer, just what we like for these cold days. Three frosts in a row, sadly the alstroemerias look wilted.Hope they will grow back again in spring.
We are in the heat of the summer here but I agree that a bowl of homemade soup on a cold day hits the spot. I send postcards to my daughter when we are on a trip… I noticed recently that the postcards we have sent to her are on her refrigerator. You will have fun with those new to you fabrics.
Great fabric for your donation quilts. With that soup made you can sew for days.
Just lovely Happy Mails, Jenny--we love to have soups here, too. Yesterday my DH made his beef barley soup--so yummy...hugs, Julierose
always nice to get a package or card in the mail - you will make good use of the fabric for sure
Post a Comment