Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Quilt Club Exhibition at Te Takere

Te Takere, our local library, is much more than a library.  It is the Horowhenua Cultural and Event Centre, and hosts a regularly changing range of exhibitions.  And for the next few weeks my quilt club have a range of quilts hanging in the exhibition space.  I am a regular library user, just can’t cope without a book or two to read, so popped in on Friday to see the quilts.  There were several being exhibited from my Sew Wot buddies, I discovered.

P1070374P1070268
Helen made these two

P1070395
My Blue Heaven, by Heather E

P1070389P1070401
Gollies Galore

P1070284
Gorgeous Tea Cup Dollies

These are just some highlights from the exhibition.  Our club had a roster of ladies happy to sit and stitch and answer any questions the public may have.  They had both taken along some hand stitching to do.

P1070371
Club members Ellen and Rachel on duty

As I mentioned before, the library building is so much more than a library, although that is the part I mostly use.  Te Takere also offers an AA Site for driver and vehicle registration, an I-Site Information desk, a Genealogy and local history centre, and the Libretto Café, where you can stop for coffee and a snack.  Yes, I can vouch for the café – sometimes you just need to sit and enjoy a nice coffee, don’t you!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful eye candy.. The Blue Heaven is the quilt I made some time ago and is my caravan quilt.
Oh yes nothing like a good coffee.

Janice said...

Thanks for taking us along. My favourite is "My Blue Heaven ". And yes, you must have coffee to keep you energy up.

Karen S said...

Great to see all these groups working together. How special to see a quilt display there too.
Cheers, Karen
http://sunburntquilts.com.au/

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Enjoyed reading your latest posts Jenny. I think you were right to ditch Rustic Reindeer...wise words that this chosen hobby should be enjoyable. And I know you have no shortage of other projects to get working on. Hope your birthday is a wonderful one. Love Heather B's themed gifts of cupcakes. Always so many beautiful quilts on your blog.