Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, August 7, 2017

Pieced Backing done and dusted

It took a bit of sewing, but it is finally done.  There was all sorts of bits and pieces of fabric left over from my Animal ABC quilt, that I decided to use it up in the backing.  Of course, the fabric pieces all had holes where I had cut out the appropriate animal to applique to the blocks.  So I cut and sliced and  joined bits together until I had a strip to use across the width - adding extra homespun to make the piece wide enough.  And this is what I came up with.  As you can see, it needs to be trimmed.

P1050623 
The pieced back

There are pandas, tigers and jaguars, animals from the African plains, moose and deer, and a  pack of wolves.  And of course, this pieced panel will be on the back of my recently completed Animal ABC quilt top.

P1050131
Animal ABC

I’m pleased with how the backing turned out - and happy with the strips of different fabric.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Well done, Jenny, it looks terrific!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! What a great use of all your scraps. It will be like having two quilts in one.

Katie said...

It's such a great quilt. And how nice to have such a fun back! :-)

Nancy J said...

Perfect backing for the menagerie!!!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Great result.

loulee said...

Looks fantastic, almost as good as the front.