Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

A couple more blocks

It’s great to get some sewing time in during a busy week.  All weeks are busy, aren’t they, doing this and that, and I’m pleased with how my Soul Searching blocks are coming along.  I’ve just completed my red and dark grey blocks and took them outside for a little photo shoot in the fresh air.

P1050569
Red and Grey

And earlier this week I stitched two blue blocks, dark blue and light blue.  So that is four blocks completed this week.

P1050560
Dark and light blue

I’ve two more strip sets waiting to be sewn up, teal/aqua blue and dark purple.  So things are moving along quite well on this project.

Although it is winter in my part of the world, perhaps Mother Nature feels it is getting closer to Spring.  I have some Spring bulbs pushing their leaves up in a pot, and I’ve just planted some pansies in pots to add a spot of colour to the often rain washed patio.  I love pansies, they are such happy looking flowers, and luckily for me, seem to grow quite well without too much looking after.

P1050568
Spring bulbs growing

7 comments:

Kate said...

I like those blocks, Jenny. Mother Nature does seem confused - we see it here, too.

Nancy J said...

Lovely blocks, and here I too have bulbs coming up, ONE daff in flower already, and more with huge buds. Not much rain, thankfully.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Love those blocks. I'm with you on the pansies. I think they are my all time favourite flower. We too have spring bulbs appearing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your blocks. I love pansies too!

Tired Teacher said...

Pansies are so delicate and pretty - I love them!

The blocks look wonderful. How many do you plan to make for your quilt?

crazyquilter said...

Your roll of the dice challenge is looking good. Are you going to finish these blocks before you roll the dice again?

The current weather is good for a bit of stitching although we have found with the lack of sunshine that our sewing area is a bit on the cold side for achieving much - for me anyway.

Teresa said...

love the blocks, can't wait to see them all together