Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Checking out my stitching bag

Where was I up to with my Christmas ABC blocks, I wondered?  I knew there was one in my stitching bag very near to completion, so a little stitching time would soon see it finished.  Actually, there were two blocks inside, I had already completed U for Under the Tree. 

P1040047
U for Under the Tree

There wasn’t too much to do on the next block, and I soon had V for Virgin Mary (in silhouette) completed.

P1040047
V for Virgin Mary

With another caravan weekend coming up fast, it’s good to know where I am up,  as I seem to do most of my hand stitching when we are away in the caravan.  What’s next?  W is for (Christmas) Wreath.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

You have two alphabets on the go, there I was thinking it was all done. Love the tree.

Jenny said...

Yes Jean, I do have two on the go. Christmas ABCs are my long term stitchery project, which I am making for myself. Designed by the very talented Michelle Ridgeway. And the recently rediscovered Animal ABCs will be for future babies in the family, if I'm lucky enough to get some more. Looks like I'm rather partial to ABC quilts.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just love your animal parade. What a good job you are doing on those appliques.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

These are very cute! And they look like the perfect travelling companion. You are well prepared for this year's Christmas!

Allison said...

They look wonderful. Are you going to make them into a quilt or wall hanging? I love hand sewing when traveling.

Renee said...

Wonderful finishes!

Deb said...

I just love these little alphabet blocks will these be for a quilt?

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your comments. The Christmas ABC blocks will be made into a quilt, just for me. It's been a very enjoyable "slow stitching" project. Not many blocks to go now.
I couldn't reply to a couple of you, as you come up as "non reply bloggers".