Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, March 31, 2017

A finish – candle-wick Table Runner

It all came together rather well, if I do say so myself.  Three gifted candle wick blocks, and a little left over fabric in cream patterned with pink and green from my daughter’s 50th birthday quilt all worked well together.  And here it is, machine quilted and bound.

P1040259

How to quilt it – that was the question.  I finally decided to do some echo quilting around the outline of the stitching.  And add a heart in each corner.  As I started marking the heart I had a worrying thought – hoping that I was using my Frixion pen and not just any old biro.  All was well, thank goodness.  I love the way the pen marks just disappear with the touch of the iron.

P1040253P1040254
Quilting and marking

I added a little bit of quilting to the centre of each block, to hold it down nicely.  Then did gentle wavy lines around the borders.

P1040260
The middle block

With this project finished, that’s another one I can cross off my list.  Now, what shall I replace it with, I wonder?

P1040263
New runner on the coffee table

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Perfect, and a great compliment to the wall hanging as well.

Anonymous said...

Candlewicking! So cool. I haven't seen that here in a while. My aunt wanted a candledwicked bedspread so much, and I bought it for her when I was in college. Set me back a lot! Your runner is gorgeous!

grammajudyb said...

Lovely! I have an unfinished candlewicking pillow top. I need to think about working on it one day soon. Thanks for reminding me.