Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, June 20, 2016

UFO Round-up

Oh, the excitement of finally having a finish on my UFO List of Six!  It’s been a long time coming, so please indulge me in a little boast while I show it off once again, my colourful Little Letters quilt.  My grand-daughters have assured me that there are no baby plans on the horizon, so I’ll be keeping the quilt in my possession for a while longer.

P1000754
Little Letters quilt

Perhaps you were wondering about the state of the other UFOs on my list?   I feel it is now time for a round up to show how I’m getting along with them all.  And of course I need to slide another project in to the now vacated number 4 slot.

1:  Caravan quilt.  The top comprising of stitchery blocks and alternate nine patch blocks is assembled,  and the first border added.  There is a whole pile of two patch blocks stitched for the final  border and waiting to be applied.

2:  Amanda Jean Apron.  Not too much more to go on this one, although I will need to line it as there are so many seams and I don’t want it all coming apart in the wash.  It will need to be cut to shape, then the straps added, and the apron hemmed.

3:  Maple Leaf quilt.  This too is almost at the completion stage.  Partially quilted, and just needs some  free motion quilting in the leaves to finish it off, then bound.

4:  Candle Wick quilt.  Please welcome the newest addition to my UFO list.  Quite a bit of work needed on this one, which is currently a pile of candle wick blocks finished more years ago than I care to remember.  These blocks bring back lots of memories, so it will be great to catch up with this project again after all this time.

5:  Black and grey horse quilt.  This wasn’t technically a UFO at all, just a bunch of fabrics, embroidered horse blocks, and the idea to make a quilt for my horse loving grand-daughter Emma.  I’m really pleased how it is all coming together – a million 9 patch blocks stitched, sashing put together, and the quilt top is now about half assembled.

6:  Duvet cover.  Another new project on the list, just because I could.  The cream and green Mega Churn Dash top is pieced, waiting for me to make it into an envelope style duvet cover.  I’ll be making it up as I go along, but it shouldn’t be too hard to work out, I hope.

So that’s the list as it now stands. Although I’ve only had one finish, I’m really pleased at how the others are coming along too.  It’s really just a matter of what number gets picked every week, and a couple of projects don’t need too much sewing time to get them over the finish line.  What with hospital visits, trips away in the caravan, and other commitments, I’m pleased with my progress so far, and can’t wait for Monday and rolling the dice each week.  

And which project wins the roll of the dice this week?  One I’ve been hoping to get for ages, number 2, my Amanda Jean apron. 
 
P1000758
Scrappy Amanda Jean apron, in need of a good press

10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Wow, up on the wall, what a super place to show it off, bright and beautiful, and so brag-worthy!!!

Janice said...

I've enjoyed your round up. I'm sure you will make great progress on your apron. Then you will be cooking up a storm, if you are game to get it dirty.

Maria said...

Love that Alphabet mini and the scrappy apron looks great sew far...

Jenny said...

The scrappy apron started out as easy peasy leaders and enders sewing. Then I saw the one that Amanda Jean blogged about, and thought, "I could do that". And yes, it certainly will get used for kitchen duties.

Raewyn said...

Well done on making some progress on your list and good on you for showing such restraint and only adding a few new things to it! Little Letters is a sweet quilt - I like the way you did the borders. And the apron is a fun make! I hope you are doing well health-wise.

NickiJ said...

Great roundup and so pleased you have managed to "find" another UFO to add to the list!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Did we see the candle wick blocks before? I seem to have forgotten. Big congrats on that finish and what a lovely little quilt. Being a retired teacher, anything with an alphabet appeals to me. you are doing great with your UFO's and oh, what are leaders and enders?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

How did I miss seeing that apron. Makes me want to dive into my scrap bin and start one of my own. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jenny said...

MY candle wick blocks have not seen the light of day for such a long time so I'm pleased to finally bring them out into the light of day. So... watch this space.

Nancy said...

Wow, you have quite a few quilts/projects in progress. I think it's wonderful that you've made such a specific list. Your letters quilt is very fun.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)