Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Relaxing with a great new Book

Look what the postman brought me –the book which everyone is talking about in blog land.  I’ve just received  my very own copy of Crafted Applique, by Lara Buccella.  I entered a competition on Cynthia’s blog called “Quilting is more Fun than Housework”, what a great name.  I was so thrilled when Cynthia got in touch to tell me that I had won a copy of this book.

P1000730
Delivered by the postman

I’m all set to relax on my Lazy Boy (recliner) chair, with a coffee close to hand, and start reading my new book.  It certainly arrived at a very opportune time, as I’ve just returned home from an overnight stay in hospital after my second breast cancer surgery.  A review of my scan showed another small area of concern, and the surgeon advised another small op, just to be sure.  Can’t complain about my medical care, and I’m just so pleased that the team is so vigilant.

So what better way for some R&R than to sit and read an exciting new book, or even, just relax and doze off for a while.  Here’s me on my return home, hospital bracelet still firmly attached, and my neck and chest slathered in bright pink antiseptic paint.

P1000729
Happy to be home again, pink neck and all

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

Aha, you have the real deal there, and a great time to get goodies in the post. Rest up, and remember, the NEW PINK is so fashionable. Robin, keep that yummy food on the menu, and hope recovery goes well. Hugs from here.XXX

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

What a wonderful distraction. I've been reading all about this book on Blogland but no one has revealed the new technique, I hope you do!

NickiJ said...

Lucky you for getting such a great gift! Enjoy the R&R reading it.

Maria said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jenny and enjoy your new book. Look forward to seeing what you make out of it....

Annette said...

Enjoy your R&R and maybe a zzz or 2! Haven't heard of this book but will look it up. Take care Jenny, we are lucky for vigilant doctors xxx

Katie said...

The surgery is no fun, but winning the book is! Hope you are feeling well. :-)

Janice said...

What a nice surprise at the perfect time. Enjoy browsing and possibly doing a little appliqué.

Linda said...

What a great book! I hope things are going well for you. Your header is gorgeous.

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your lovely caring comments. I appreciate you all.