Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, June 13, 2016

LIttle Letters…..again

The UFO dice roll stopped at number 4 this week, meaning I get to work on my Little Letters quilt two weeks in a row.  Not that I’m complaining – with any luck I might just get a finish by the end of the week.  Wouldn’t that be great!  Last week I stitched in the ditch around most of the sashing strips.  I’ve now finished that job, and have started to stitch around each of the alphabet letters.

P1000738
The Letter K

This little quilt is a riot of colours, with all the letters being constructed from my scrap box of 2 1/2 inch strips.  Some of the fabrics I recognise, the music fabric on the black and white “K” was used on a quilt I made for my son’s 40th birthday.  But other fabrics are a bit of a mystery.  I don’t remember buying them, or using them, and can only conclude that they were scraps I picked up somewhere along the way, or maybe even small pieces gifted to me.

P3110047

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love those letters, and the new words for Muffy, so very true.Cold here, about 2C outside, fire going, coffee made, maybe just some extra rows of sewing for a few minutes before a good book and into bed.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I loved this little letters quilt along. See your pretty quilt makes me want to do another one. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Anonymous said...

So you too have a UFO list. Ironically my 38-year-old UFO hadn't made my list (a guild money maker--money in a fund for 10 UFOs; each finish a chance at half the money--the other half to the guild).

I too have scrap fabrics that I don't recognize. My guilds have freebie tables. One guild held auctions and scraps would be added to more valuable items. And once I even ordered a scrap bag from a fabric company. Lots of reasons to not recognize them. Still fun to make quilts with them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That looks like a quilt I could LOVE!! I'll be watching for its completion.

Jenny said...

glad you got two weeks on your little letters quilt it looks so much fun and what a great use for your scraps. have just tidied my sewing room and found scraps I didn't know I had as well.

NickiJ said...

I've recently gone through some magazines that highlight using up your scraps, can't wait! Your Letters are looking good.