Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

L is for Lantern

Away in the caravan over the weekend, I found time to do a little “slow stitching”, and finished off my “L is for Lantern”  block.  I’m using Michelle Ridgway’s Alphabet Noel pattern book for inspiration – some of her alphabet designs are stitched “as is”, while others have been changed a little. The brass lantern glows in the window with the soft light of the candle, guiding family members home for Christmas– that’s how I like to imagine it, anyway.  The plan is to make a Christmas wall-hanging when all the blocks are finally stitched.  But I’m in no hurry to reach the finishing line, I’m enjoying the process as I go along, one Christmas letter at a time.

P1000305
L is for Lantern

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

This is a lovely thought to have them all together as a hanging, will you do A to Z, or have words? A hot day here, after very little rain overnight. Leaves are falling, grass still growing, autumn bulbs peeping up.

Guida said...

You do lovely work, thank you for sharing. Guida

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely piece of work.