Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Town and Country Quilters March Club Night

There was a good crowd for our March Club Night, and the members at the Special General Meeting agreed to adopt the new Constitution.  With that bit of business out of the way, our meeting got underway.
 
Show and Tell is always interesting, and there was a great selection of items, such as Carol’s pretty little French inspired tote bag.

P3090041
Carol’s tote bag

Sarah is thrilled that she will finally be a granny soon and I loved the pretty striped quilt she had stitched up, based on the colours the parents-to-be had selected for the nursery.  The appliqued pussy cats are such a nice touch too. 

P3090034
Sarah’s cot quilt

The blocks for the pretty pink hexagon quilt were stitched while Barbara was in South Africa, she told us.  This quilt is finished with a lovely braid border, and wonderful machine quilting.  In front is one of the Row by Row quilts which was the category for our special Show and Tell segment.  Members were invited to bring a Row by Row quilt along this month, not necessarily a new finish, to get our older quilts a chance to share the limelight again.  I brought my one along too, which was made for my 60th birthday, by a bunch of generous quilters from my former home town!

P3090038
More show and tell

Instead of a speaker for the evening, some of our talented members set themselves up and showed various techniques, such as the Acuquilt cutter, and the felting machine, both of which I have never used before.  I was interested to see how easy it was to make  “quilt as you go” place-mats and little pouches  – I’ve tried it many moons ago, and it certainly is a great way to use up extra strips of fabric. 

P3090044
Quilt-as-you-go” items

After a cuppa and a scone topped with jam and cream for supper, catching up with friends, admiring the show and tell, it was then time to collect my things, say my goodbyes,  and head home. 

No comments: