Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, March 7, 2016

The Dice rolls Four

Monday is my “roll of the dice” day, and number four is the lucky number this week.

P3070001
It’s number 4 this week

Which is…….my Little Letters Quilt.  This is a design from the Temucula Quilt Company blog as a free quilt-along project in 2014.  The pattern for each letter of the alphabet was posted on the blog weekly, and although I was a little late starting, I soon caught up.  All the different fabric colours came from my 2 1/2in strip scraps and I used plain white for the background.

P2160037
All the little letters have been completed

Then it didn’t take too long to complete the extra filler blocks.  The pattern gave four different designs but I decided to make my four as pinwheel blocks.

P2160036
Pinwheel blocks

And lastly, I sewed some sashing strips as a “leader and ender” project some time ago.

P2090110
Sashing strips

As you can see, I’ve already made quite good progress with this UFO.  And now it has a week out of it’s bag after being hidden away for a while, the next step will be to assemble the quilt top.  Until I lay it all out, I won’t know if I need to stitch some more sashing strips or not.  So that is my challenge for this week, working on putting my Little Letters quilt top together.

And if you are wondering, as I’ve already told Robin, there will be no cheating when I roll the dice.  If the same number comes up several weeks in a row, (it hasn’t happened yet) that’s the way the dice fell.  It’s actually quite fun to see what number UFO I get to work on each week, and I’m sure I’ve been spending a little more time sitting at the machine lately.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely blocks, pinwheels, and sashing strips. Having some already waiting is a bonus on these extra hot days.

Janice said...

Good luck with your latest UFO. I hope you have enough sashimgs to make good progress.

NickiJ said...

Can't wait to see the end results, all a bit like a puzzle at the moment. I wouldn't be any good sticking to the roll of the dice because I would only want to stick to my favourite UFO's!!