Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.  Wonder what the new year will bring?  Lots of time for sewing, I hope.

Do you make resolutions, someone asked me the other day.  I had to say that no, I didn’t.  But I would like to whittle down my pile of UFOs and WIPs.  I classify UFOs as projects not worked on for some time and put away.  Out of sight – out of mind. 

WIPs, on the other hand, may also not have been worked on for a while.  But……. they have not been put away in a dark place, by any means.  These projects are likely to be found in the basket beside my sewing machine, so that I can get them out from time to time and see what needs to be done.  Rather like the birthday quilt I am making for my daughter, but had to be put aside so that I could work on the memory quilt for my friend.  There are several such WIPs in that basket, I must admit.

But how would I classify those other things we want to do?  .  Perhaps a pile of fabrics and a pattern put away somewhere.  Or maybe just a sketch tucked away in a note book.  Are these really projects at all?  Or just thoughts making up a wish list?

One of my quilty pen friends once wrote and told me she started the new year by counting up all her UFOs.  But she got such a fright when she reached 80 that she stopped counting!  I’m sure I haven’t got anywhere near that number, but there’s no way I’m counting up mine.  In this case I feel that ignorance might well be bliss!

1 comment:

Kate said...


All the best for 2015, Jenny! Good luck with your UFOs and WIPs. :)