Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Another Sew Wot Tuesday

It was lovely to catch up with my Sew Wot buddies again, as I had missed the last get-together due to travelling north to get our caravan serviced.  We met in Helen’s home in the country and settled down to chat and do a little hand sewing.   Rae had recently attended a “Quilt as you Go” class and showed us her reversible blocks.  These were made with hearts on one side and pin wheels on the other.

PA280034  Rae’s Quilt as you Go blocks

Mary does the loveliest embroidery and showed us all the parts she had been working on to make an embroidered  “etui”.  For those who don’t know - a small ornamental case for holding needles, cosmetics, and other articles – or in this case, sewing items. (I didn’t know what that strange word meant, Mr Google told me)   Mary found the  pattern for her Rose Delight in Country Craft magazine.

PA280035 Many parts go into making an etui

What a stunning bag Helen had made, black, white and red is always a winning combination.  Love that Paris inspired fabric too.

PA280039 Helen’s new bag

Two of the group were celebrating birthdays, myself and Heather.  Thanks so much for the cards and gifts ladies, what a lovely surprise.
 PA290001  For my birthday – aren’t I a lucky girl?

As usual, we enjoyed a scrumptious morning tea.  Helen’s fluffy cat was all set to join in too, and sat herself down at the head of the table.  Move along pussy, that seat is needed for the guests.

PA280037 A saucer of milk, perhaps?

Another great friendly morning, I’m so pleased I’m part of the Sew Wots.  Otherwise known as the Eat Alots – so one of the husband’s says!

No comments: