Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Reverse Stitching in the Caravan

Here we are, staying in the caravan in Petone, getting ready for my early morning hospital appointment tomorrow.  Travelling down here early means that we will not have to bother with a 90km trip leaving home at 6.00 in the morning!  I brought my Christmas quilt along for the ride, and have been getting stuck in with my Clover seam ripper, taking out some of my machine quilting stitches on my border.  The stitches themselves aren’t too bad, but I obviously didn’t do enough pinning to stop any movement.  As I continued to stitch along the border, the top fabric bunched up and wouldn’t lie flat.  Oh dear, unpicking is the only way to fix it.  

PB110010 Unpicking my flowers

I’ve certainly had my moments with this quilt, and will be pleased to see it finally finished.  If I don’t keep persevering, the darn thing will get thrown into a corner in frustration.  And it really is quite a pretty quilt, with it’s own story to tell.  So…. I’ll keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

June said...

Good luck with the hospital appointment Jenny - boy, it's so cold in Petone today but I'm sure you're snug in your caravan! All the best