Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Through the Kitchen Window

The rain has been coming down, down, down overnight,  and the view through the kitchen window looks like a swimming pool.  A very shallow pool, I admit, but full to the brim with water, never-the-less.  We had some workmen in yesterday as we are having some concrete laid in the back yard.  They dug, and dug, and put all the soil in a big heap.  Then the area was smoothed out, and some boxing put in place.  When the concrete is laid, this will be our summer BBQ area.  But today, it looks like a swimming pool!

DSCF5724 Anyone for a dip?

On a rainy day like this the sewing room beckons.  I’m doing some free motion machine quilting on a large quilt.  I’m no expert, by any means, but I do my best.  This quilt had been put away for some time, with some of the straight line quilting already done.  (I’ll tell you the story some other time.)  So now I’m adding some loops and swirls to finish it off.  My quilting isn’t always as smooth and rounded as I would like, but I’m doing the best I can.  I’ll never win any prizes for my quilts, but finished is better than perfect, I say.

DSCF5728 I’ve been machine quilting today

No comments: