Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cordall - a hidden gem in Levin

I was after some cords, and Trish from Krazy Cow Quilt Shop suggested I go to Cordall’s  factory shop.  I had never heard of this particular shop, so off we went to find it.   With my projects in hand, we were warmly welcomed by staff member Janet.  Here we perused the many cords on offer, until I found just the right colours for my draw string bags, and our transaction was speedily concluded.

DSCF5594 Plenty of cords to choose from

The factory shop manufacturers cords, tape and elastic of all colours and widths, so there is sure to be just what you are looking for.  There is a great range of Velcro tape and bungy type cord as well.  Janet was happy for me to take some photos, and gave us a quick tour out the back to see the manufacturing machines in action.  Spools of thread were threaded up and whizzing through the various machines as elastic and tape came out the other end.

DSCF5596
DSCF5598 Machines in the factory

No wonder the workers wear ear protection, it was certainly much too noisy to stay out the back for very long.  Thanks to Janet for the friendly service, and for giving us a quick tour of the factory, it was much appreciated. 

The Cordall factory shop can be found at 7 Sheffield Street, Levin, if you are in the area, or passing by.

No comments: