Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Secret Sewing

I’ve been doing some secret sewing lately for a gift for a friend.  Some of it looked like this.    It is all made of strips, and included in this piece is a brown strip with jars of buttons, and a green strip with little golden bells.  Wonder what it is going to be?

DSCF5200 Part of the secret sewing

Did you guess?  Here is my secret sewing, all finished – two double handed oven mitts with hessian backing.  One was done in mainly greens and the other in shades of lilac.

DSCF5209Two oven mitts

I made them for my friend Dot.  The green one is for Derek and Dot’s kitchen in their new house, and the lilac one will tone in  nicely with the colours of their motor-home.

DSCF5292 I think she likes them!

As well as sewing these for Dot, I have been spending a little time at the sewing machine.  Nothing quilty, I’m sorry to say, just a whole lot of mending.  I’ve hemmed a new pair of fleecy winter trousers I purchased, I’m not short but I always need to chop several inches off the legs.  Then I fixed a blouse, a nightie, and mended Robin’s shorts.  Just little jobs, but they all took time.  I’ve got lots of things that I want to get on with, you wouldn’t believe how many UFOs and WIPs I have!

No comments: