Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Secret Sewing

The weather has been rather wet in my part of the world over the weekend.  Not that I’m complaining, it’s just the right sort of conditions to spend some time in my sewing room.  And I’ve been busy doing some more secret sewing.  There are a few of these little cuties involved.

DSCF5432 Hello Teddy

And I’ve been using some of my sewing themed fabrics which I had tucked away for a rainy day.

DSCF5429 Sewing themed fabric

As well, I’ve thrown in a few floral fabrics and ribbons into the mix too.

DSCF5434 I’ve added these as well

Wonder if you can guess what I’ve been up to?  It goes without saying that secret sewing is all about stitching gifts for friends – my quilting pen friends in this case.  When I have mailed out the last birthday gift I’ll share a photo or two of what I’ve been stitching.  I wouldn’t want to spoil their surprise now, would I!

I’ve also been busy in the kitchen over the last few days, the wet weather encouraged me to make two pots of soup, pumpkin, with a little curry and bacon for a lift, and broccoli and cheese.  I love making soup in the winter, there is nothing more comforting that a nice big pot of soup simmering away on the stove top.  And I’ve purchased some nice meaty bacon bones for yet another pot of soup, this time with split peas, barley and lots of vegetables.  My baking morning wasn’t quite so successful when I decided to whip up a batch of cream puffs (choux pastry) for visitors.  I’ve made these quite successfully in the past, but this time they were an out and out failure.  Never mind, I’ll give that recipe another try shortly and keep my fingers crossed for better results.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and spending time doing what you enjoy too.

No comments: