Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Home again

Here we are home again after our extended Easter trip.  We spent the long Easter weekend at Kai Iwi Beach, moved on to New Plymouth, across to Taupo, Rangatira, then finished off our holiday at Duddings Lake.  Plenty of sight seeing along the way, and all good fun.  I only managed to do a little stitching while we were travelling around – I’m working on a Red Brolly design Christmas stitchery.  Took my knitting away too, and didn’t get the needles clicking at all.

DSCF5139 Starting on a Christmas stitchery

We had a nice surprise when camping at Duddings Lake - the washing machine was free!  Usually at camps the charge is $3-$4, not that I object to paying to do the washing while we are in camp at all.  So I couldn't help myself, I just had to do a load of washing each day!

Now that daylight saving has finished, there is a definite nip in the air.  For our next caravan trip away in a few weeks time I guess I’ll have to pack some winter woollies, swap my summer three quarter pants for long trousers and change the sandals for sneakers and socks.  The caravan bed has been stripped of summer sheets now we have returned home, remade with winter sheets, and I’ve put my cosy winter quilt on the bed.  That should keep us warm and toasty.

No comments: