Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

A nice compliment

It’s nice to get compliments, isn’t it?  I was out and about this morning after buying some fabric for a new (secret) project and was waiting for Robin to come back to collect me.  As I waited on the footpath another quilter (whom I hadn’t met before) was making her way inside.  We both reflected that having a sale brings stitchers out of the woodwork to pick up a bargain or two.  Like me, she has heaps of UFOs too, but sometimes you just feel like starting something new, don’t you.  As she turned to go, she commented, “I do like your bag”.

DSCF2150 My shaggy denim bag

The bag in question was my shaggy denim bag, made especially for our UK trip several years ago, as I didn’t want to take my handbag with me.  Stitched into the inside seams were straps with D rings, and I clipped my wallet and camera onto these for safety.  With a button and tab closure, and a handy shoulder strap, my denim bag was sturdy and invaluable during our 3 month overseas holiday.  It travelled with me on 8 flights, 4 shuttle rides and local taxis in Singapore, London and New York.  It accompanied me during the 1780 miles we travelled in a rental car in UK, and on our canal boat holiday as we slowly glided towards the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Wales.  The bag was firmly on my shoulder during our 5 day bus tour to Niagara Falls, sightseeing boat trips, and cable car rides.  It was a well travelled bag indeed, and so very useful.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

What a great practical idea. I could have done with one like that for my travels.
Cheers
Linda

Leeann said...

Hi Jenny I have just found my email to you returned undeliverable in my spam folder. Can you email me so I can reply to you re tie fabric in Otaki. Leeann
leeannq at yahoo dot co dot nz
thanks