Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The best thing I’ve ever made

This is the absolute best thing I’ve ever made, I have to say.  It is the bag I made for my cutting mat , rotary cutters and rulers, and was made in a class many years ago.  It was made so long ago that I can’t even remember who the tutor was now. 
DSCF5310 My bag made for the cutting mat
When not in use I keep it tucked against the wall behind my sewing machine cabinet in the dining room.  That keeps the board standing upright, and I just lean over the cabinet, grab the handles, and haul my bag out.   It is so handy to pick up with the handles, and very easy to take to classes.
DSCF5311 Pockets inside
Just a simple idea, and my bag is in constant use.  What is the best thing you have ever made

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmmmm. I have to think about that. Nothing as useful as your bag I suspect! :-)

June said...

I think I am with Katie on this but after careful consideration it has to be the aprons I made, way back in the eighties, when I was experimenting with strip piecing. I cut the basic shape and then covered it with strips of varying width and using different directions - I still enjoy the aprons and still use them!