Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas is packed Away

I know I’m a bit slow, but I’ve only just taken the Christmas wall-hangings down.  Some years ago I read a handy hint about Christmas decorating – make items to fit the space available.  This works very well as the hooks are already in place so it is just a matter of taking photos, paintings and the like down, and replacing them with the Chrissie stuff.  The cards have now been removed and all the other festive paraphernalia packed away into their respective crates.  With two new Santas on show this year, it is getting to be a bit of a tight squeeze to get everything in the crates. Perhaps I’ll just have to buy another empty one and see how long it takes to fill up.

I have just hung up a new (to me) wall- hanging in the dining room above my sewing cabinet.  This was originally made for my adult son and  shows an appliquéd Kea, a New Zealand native bird which is also known as a mountain parrot.  My son decided he didn’t really need it when he moved houses.    It goes quite well with our new green curtains, don’t you think?

DSCF5215Kea - flying high

No comments: