Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

More birthday pressies

It’s always exciting getting gifts from fellow quilters because you know that anything they chose will be well received. These two items came from different people, in different countries, but the colours go together so nicely. The little pouch to hold 3 pairs of scissors came from Janet and will certainly come in handy. Rose sent me the very pretty pink and taupe scarf.

DSCF4558 Scissor holder and pretty scarf

Carol sent me a fat quarter of sewing themed fabric, and I already have an idea of what to use it - on second thoughts, perhaps I’ll keep that idea to myself in case I change my mind. Also in the parcel was a quilt pin, and a piece of blue and yellow fabric folded up like a fortune cookie, complete with a message inside. The message read: “Why clean your house when you can quilt? Take more time to quilt”. Sounds like a good idea to me!

DSCF4557 Patchwork fabric and quilt pin

Gail sent me two pretty pink toned fabrics, and she said she thought of me partaking in High Tea when she saw the cups and saucers fabric. As a cat lover, Gail was sure I would like the quilt pattern “Saw tooth Cats”, which is assembled using the foundation paper piecing technique.

DSCF4559Pink fabrics and cat quilt pattern

Even my DH Robin was thinking of my hobby when he chose this gift for me. “Crazy for Quilts”, by Margaret Aldrich, is a great little read, telling of the lore and history of patchwork. Robin told me he bought is specially thinking I might be able to use some of the information in my quilt blog. I always knew he was just wonderful!.

DSCF4560 Quilt book from my wonderful DH

My daughter Nicky presented me with a lovely polished lapis lazuli stone which I will add to my little collection, as well as a sum of money. Think I will use the cash to put towards a new charm for my bracelet. I really deserve a new charm now I’m 65, don’t you think?

DSCF4564 Lapis Lazuli gem stone

The birthday is not quite over as we still have two more functions coming up in the weekend - a dinner with friends on Friday night, and a family lunch on Saturday. Whew – then everything will be back to normal, I expect.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What lovely gifts you have received and the party is still going on how wonderful