Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Once upon a time

Once upon a time a quilter wanted to create her own quilting blog. The couple already had a blog, a travel, adventure, town and around type of blog. Not quite the place to share quilty news and show quilt photos though. The quilter was already quite an experienced blogger but was having trouble with all the technical setting up details. Thank goodness that the husband was a bit of a techno whizz and sorted it all out for her. And now, a couple of weeks later, all the bugs have finally been ironed out. Here we are, all set and ready to go.

Wife, mother, sister and friend, I am all of these things and cherish the relationships I have. But there is one more very important label, I am a quilter, and quilting is my passion. New projects, works in progress, UFO’s (unfinished objects) I love them all. I belong to my local quilt guild and enjoy being part of the “Sisterhood of Quilters”.

DSCF1970 My sewing pouch

This is one of my recent projects, a sewing pouch with a recycled appliquéd block featuring “J” for Jenny on the front. The inside pocket is another recycled appliqué block which I received in a block swap several years ago in a SCQ block swap. Whose it it, I wonder. Do you recognise it – please let me know if you took part in this block swap and stitched this block for me.

DSCF1971

1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

What's SCQ please? Love the block :)